Tuesday

The new diet.

I hate the word diet, mostly because it contains the word die in it. That in itself should be grounds for never partaking in such an activity. Bekah and I are embarking on a maddening journey in order to find out if there are any foods that we might be allergic or sensitive to. I never really had noticed any kind of sensitivity towards food till recently when my stomach has been getting upset a lot. As many people know I have a distinct fondness for just about every food there is. Eliminating food from my regular diet is almost blasphemous: just the thought of giving up steak or cornbread gives me chills. I don't even want to think about the lack of beer I will have.

None the less I agreed to participate in the Elimination Diet and give up all the food that I hold dear to me. As a sort of bonus to being willing to partake in such madness I have been given the choice of the order that we re-introduce foods back into our diet. I'm not sure yet which food will be first to come back to the fold. Steak and beer come to mind first, but I think wheat and corn might actually win. Both of those are in a surprisingly large amount of meals that I like.

Of the things I can't have these I find particularly sad: oranges, orange juice, ice cream, cheese, eggs, cream, non-dairy cream, milk, wheat, corn, pork, beef, sausage, cold cuts, frankfurters, shellfish, peanuts, peanut butter, butter, salad dressing, ALCOHOL, coffee, Coca-Cola, sugar, honey, maple syrup, chocolate, ketchup, relish, soy sauce, and barbecue sauce.

The next three weeks is going to be rough. The following weeks will be progressively better though.

0 comments: